Today is about gamifying life and talking about your superpowers.
Did you know you have superpowers? Of course you do! We all do. But wait, there’s evil superpowers and good superpowers. And we need to explain this further as it will change the way you live.
But first, what does a normal day of yours looks like?
Let’s get a quick picture just for a moment:
- What is the first thing you do after waking up?
- What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed at night?
- At what time do you usually fall asleep?
- How many hours do you work every day?
- How much time do you spent driving or transporting between places?
- How much time do you take to enjoy breakfast or lunch?
- Do you drink water every day?
- Do you drink coffee every day? How many?
- Do you do some walking, even if just to the corner grocery store for some bread or juice?
All seemingly random questions, except they aren’t…
Health begins with one single step: awareness. This post will explain more on how self-awareness and health totally relate. In the meantime, let me just say this: awareness is the key to unlock every next level of your life.
Make it a game if you wish. I personally love the idea, because the more we play, the better we get and the more levels we can pass as we grow into that final summit. Sounds familiar? Great!
Let’s have some fun and gamify your health just for a bit, shall we?
You are [insert name here] and you are in level 1 – World 1 of this game called Infinite Universe. You are about to get started and the music starts playing. You need to now choose your character that has the qualities and superpowers you want for your game. Ready? Your character is on and on the start line. Go! Moving forward you find a few obstacles and you triumphantly jump 1, 2, 3 times! Perfect. A bit further ahead you can suddenly see it…the sky turns gray and the musics turns dense: the great monster Guilthead King of Shameland has come on your path to kick your a**.
Quick [your name here], tools on! Now fight, fight, fight, struggle, fight back, you fall down almost defeated, but you jump back up with the Determination Sword in hand, glorious and shiny as the sun, ready to strike back in one meteoric thunder and POW! Congratulations, you’ve defeated the great Guilthead King of Shameland. Level 1 has been successfully accomplished and you’re now ready to step into a new level of Infinite Universe. Level 1 just gave you new tools and skills, you’re confident and ready to continue. WIN!
And so is life. Isn’t it awesome?
Imagine if you could choose your character, your favourite superpowers, skills and tools to go through your day to day. How awesome would that be? Well, I got news for you: you can certainly choose them!
Through your superpowers, skills and tools is how you will be able to defeat all obstacles coming your way each day.
What are these superpowers, skills and tools? Habits.
And how do you get these superpowers? By defining them first, the current ones and the ones that you dream to have. What would you like to be? What do you dream of being able to do and accomplish? What does [insert your name here] looks and feels like in a super world of awesome?
Here’s the secret. Thank me later!
- Write down what a normal day of yours is like. The most detailed possible. There’s no wrong or rights, no worries, just write it all down.
- Write down what qualities you like the most about yourself (cool superpowers).
- Write down the qualities you like the least about yourself (evil superpowers).
- On a separate paper make two columns: A) Ugly Habit and B) New Super Awesome Habit.
- Fill them up with your current routine in column A) and with your ideal routine in column B).
- Make sure the new desired habits (superpowers) are easy and simple. With small steps every day is how you’ll get to the finish line!
- Now you’ve just made a plan for replacing the bad evil superpowers with new awesome ones you want to accomplish.
- Pick ONE new habit form your list to begin with and stick to it. Just one. Repeat it daily until you feel comfortable with it, until it comes naturally and easily to you. Until then, stick to one and only one.
- Congrats! You’re now ready to level up into your next version.
For example, this is me: my evil superpowers and my new superpowers after I observed my daily routine and my ideal routine.
And this ladies and gentlemen, is how you will overcome your worst enemies (bad habits) in your daily life while you work on replacing them with the new skills and tools that you’ve chosen. Of course this doesn’t happen in one day, but it happens with consistency.
30 Habits in 30 Days
To show you that this works, I’m committing myself to do 30 habits in 30 days…and I want you to join me. I will be doing a small, fun video within each habit, so you can come up with your own rules of the game. It’ll certainly help me level up while teaching you how to do the same. It’s not difficult. Is just about clarity and consistency.
It’s time to discover your superpowers so you can live the life you desire.
Off we go. We have a summit to reach! Yes, myself included of course. 😉
Ready to feel good?
Love, Dr. Mariana