Hello! I’m Mariana Calleja.
A doctor, writer and traveller.
I’m a doctor who travels the world while providing online medical consultation, and while writing my way through – currently creating an ebook series on travel, health and wellness.
The first ebook is here! Say hello to the World Travel Vaccination Guide.
My services are available to anyone no matter your/my location or time zone (a.k.a «Doctor’s always in!»). That’s the beauty of this online world bringing us closer when we create these gaps of goodness and well-being for everyone.
- If you want to know more about this site and my services, please get started here.
- If you want to get more professional reference, please check my CV.
- If you want to ask me anything, please contact me. I’ll get back to you the soonest possible.
This site is my medical practice.
My job follows me everywhere.
After being in hospitals, clinics and nursery homes for almost 10 years, I decided to create my ideal job position, one that doesn’t take place anywhere but everywhere instead. One where I can take the time to get to know my patients and do things my own professional way.
Through this site I’ll be offering you different services, such as online consultation, workshops, meet ups being held in different cities while I move around, and public speaking. I have some more awesome projects on line, hopefully coming soon as well. More on that later!
This is my story.
I’m 34 years old and I’m from Costa Rica. Born and raised there, I used to daydream and write all day in my journals (still today!), mostly about flying, aircrafts and the world. I remember when Carmen San Diego came out, becoming a happy obsession. Life went passing by and I decided to go through medicine school. It took me some tough years until I was proudly done. After a while of working and gaining experience, I decided it was time to pursue those dreams from back then. Because why not? Dreams that would happily become my reality…a writer doctor who travels the world!
Yes, I love what I do. I love being a writer as much as I love my patients and to travel. I love what I give to you and what you give me back on daily basis. We never stop learning from each other.
Now, just for the sake of your trust on me as a professional, let me say a few good things about myself here, okay?
- I am a Good Listener.
- I believe in complete Confidentiality (even within my own family and friends!).
- I also believe in Wellness and Mindfulness as a lifestyle.
- I enjoy Teaching and giving the best advice possible, whether it is about medical conditions, emotional issues or simply about life itself.
- I have a nice Smile on my face! Yes, because the gesture on our face certainly talks about us…and this is the door to any welcoming and respectful relationship.
- I know my stuff! Meaning I am a Professional. It took hard-working years not just to go through med school, but also through life’s school, and still learning indeed. As young as I can appear, I have certainly focused, during my last 5 years of life, on healing and building a stronger and better me from the inside out, because I believe in this way of life and what it brings to me every day. And this will translate into a better way of treating people, understanding them and trying to be on their shoes.
And to me, this is what medicine is all about:
Medicine has taught me about life more than just about the human body. It has taught me how life is all about the people, relationships, society, well-being, a bit of good psychology and also a bit of common sense.
And this is where I want to help you, guide you and advise you so you can become a better version of yourself too.
Health is prevention and it all begins in the mind.
Don’t miss any updates.
Get the latest news on my next books, moves, workshops and more! Sign up to my newsletter now and get a free 15-minute call.